Mainland Qualification (Gaokao)

Good News for Non-local Students Who Intend to Pursue Higher Education in Hong Kong - Admissions of Non-local students from the Mainland, Taiwan and Macau in the Academic Year 2024/25


In order to strengthen the co-operation in education and to promote the exchange of students between the Mainland and Hong Kong, the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China and the Education and Manpower Bureau of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) have reached a consensus on the mutual recognition of academic degrees in higher education.

Admissions from the Mainland, Taiwan and Macau

Since the academic year 2005/06, Chu Hai College of Higher Education, one of the recognized higher education institutions with powers to award degrees at Bachelors or above levels in HKSAR, has been accepting admissions of Non-local students from the Mainland, Taiwan and Macau.

The Admissions Unit will assist students in submitting their student visa applications to the Immigration Department of HKSAR.

Recognition of Academic Degrees awarded in Hong Kong

Mainland students holding Bachelor’s Degrees awarded by our College can apply for admission to Master’s Degree studies in higher education institutions in the Mainland.

Announcement made by the Ministry of Education on the recognition of academic degrees awarded in Hong Kong and Macau is available here (Chinese Version only).

Getting Employment in Hong Kong

Graduates with degree earned in Hong Kong are eligible to apply for returning to Hong Kong for employment.

Admissions Information

Please refer to the Chinese webpage

Copyright © Hong Kong Chu Hai College. All rights reserved. |Address: 80 Castle Peak Road, Castle Peak Bay, Tuen Mun, N.T. Hong Kong. |Tel: (852) 2972 7200 |Fax: (852) 2972 7367 |Email: