- Holding a recognised Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Qualification.
- A pre-professional bachelor degree in architecture; AND
- 10-month working experience in the architecture-related discipline*; AND
- One of the following English proficiency requirements**:
- Scoring a Level 3 or above in English in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (DSE); OR
- Scoring a Level E or above in English in Hong Kong AS Level Examination (ASL); OR
- Scoring not lower than 500 in writing; not lower than 79 in on-line test in TOEFL; OR
- Scoring not lower than 6.0 in IELTS (Academic paper) ; OR
- Scoring not lower than 425 in CET-4; OR
- Pass in both oral and written paper in PETS-5
*only employment blocks of at least five months duration each would be considered
**applicable to applicants holding a degree from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English
Applicants should upload the following documents to the Admissions System.
Please prepare the original or a certified copy from the issuing authority of the following documents for verification:
1. Two letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation should be written by Recommenders to evaluate the applicant’s capability in pursuing the programme. The Recommenders should include the applicant’s full name and programme of study in the letters.
2. Personal statement
Personal Statements should be written in English (800 words maximum) by the applicant to describe the applicant’s background, past work in the Architecture industry (note: minimum 10 months of practical training is required), plan of graduate study and professional career.
3. Academic transcripts
A certified true copy of transcript from each university attended, with class of honours and credits earned should be sent to:
Admissions Unit (M.Arch)
Chu Hai College of Higher Education
80 Castle Peak Road
Castle Peak Bay, Tuen Mun
N.T. Hong Kong
4. Portfolio showing previous works
All applicants should submit a portfolio containing reproductions of the previous academic and professional projects that shows the original drawings, prints, graphic design, sculpture, etc. Portfolios must be A4-sized booklets, no other form of portfolio is accepted.
5. Proof of work experience
Proof of work experience, such as employers’ letters
6. Proof of English proficiency
Certificate of relevant examination
Non-refundable application fee of HK$300 for local applicants or HK$600 for non-local applicants for each programme.
For payment methods, please visit the Finance Office webpage
Tuition Fee for 2023/24 Academic Year
Two-year full-time programme: HK$220,000 payable in four instalments.
Tuition fees are the same for local students and non-local students. Students taking more than the minimum credits required for graduation will be charged on a per-credit basis.
For Fall Intake, 2023/24 Academic Year:
1st Round: February 28, 2023
2nd Round: June 30, 2023 (First come first served)
1st Round: February 28, 2023
2nd Round: June 30, 2023