Advanced standing or exemption may be granted to an applicant in recognition of the studies completed successfully at other institutions prior to admission to the curriculum concerned.
At least 50% of the total credits required for graduation shall be accumulated through the studies of the curriculum concerned at the College or through credit transfer from exchange programmes endorsed by the Faculty Board.
Credits granted for advanced standing, exemption and credit transfer shall not be included in the calculation of Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and Graduation Grade Point Average (GGPA) but shall be recorded on the transcript of the student.
Normally, advanced standing will be granted for General Education courses (12 credits), Language Enhancement (including Computer Literacy) courses (12 credits) and free electives (3 to 12 credits). Discipline courses may be granted Advanced Standing on the basis of equivalency in credit loading, course contents and learning outcomes. The total number of credits granted should not exceed 60. No advanced standing will be granted for capstone courses.
Applicants with an Associate Degree/Higher Diploma.
For other qualifications, applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Advanced Standing Examples
The number of advanced standing credits granted to different Associate Degree or Higher Diploma holders prior to 2020/21AY are shown below:
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Chinese Literature
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Creation in Chinese Literary Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Journalism and Communication
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Communication and Crossmedia
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Advertising and Corporate Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in English for Professional Communication #
Faculty of Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hon)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) in Accounting and Banking
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hon) in Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hon) in Finance and Information Management
Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Construction Engineering and Management
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Architecture
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computer Science
# Approval was obtained from HKCAAVQ for retitling to BA (Hons) in English Studies.
For the advanced standing arrangement of individual programmes, please contact the respective offices:
|Journalism and Communicationemail@example.com|
|Accounting and Bankingfirstname.lastname@example.org|