Chu Hai College of Higher Education
The 70th Commencement
Notice to 2020 Graduates
- The 70th Commencement will be held on 6 June 2021 (Sunday) on campus. The ceremony for undergraduates will take place in the morning while the session for taught-postgraduate will take place in the afternoon. The ceremony will also be streamed online.
- To avoid mass gathering during the COVID-19 pandemic, each graduate may only invite two guests to attend the ceremony. Only guests with tickets will be allowed to enter the ceremony venue.
- If you wish to attend the graduation ceremony, you must confirm your attendance, guest number and gown arrangements via the following link: https://forms.gle/8q7gJJiYTWdoWeS29 by 14 May 2021 (Friday).
- Graduates attending the graduation ceremony are required to wear a full set of academic gown. Please refer to Appendix A for details about academic gown purchase and rental arrangements.
- Details of the ceremony will be released in late May via email and on the College website (Graduation Ceremony https://www.chuhai.edu.hk/graduation-ceremony)
- In view of the COVID-19 development, the precautionary measures outlined below are now in place:
- Registration at the main entrance is required.
- Your body temperature will be taken at the main entrance before registration. Anyone with a temperature of 37.8C or above or with presence of respiratory symptoms will not be allowed to enter the campus.
- Before entering the College, please use hand sanitizer to clean your hands.
- Participants are required to wear a surgical mask throughout their stay on the campus.
- Please avoid crowd gathering . It is advisable to maintain a social distance of at least 1.5 meter from others.
- Graduates and guests concerned with one or more of the following conditions should refrain from attending the ceremony:
- have travelled outside Hong Kong within 14 days before the day of ceremony;
- are still within the compulsory quarantine period;
- are living with family members/persons who are confirmed cases of COVID-19; or
- are still waiting for test results of COVID-19 compulsory testing on the day of the ceremony.
The above measures are subject to update depending on the latest directions and requirements announced by the Centre for Health Protection and other relevant bureaux and departments of the HKSAR Government.
7 May 2021