Department of Civil Engineering
Senior Research Assistant (UGC/FDS13/E06/18/CHC)
|[Initial appointment period: 12 months, subject to renewal]|
|Project Title||Coupled material point method and discrete element method modeling for debris flows|
|Responsibilities:||(1) Set up a coupled material point method and discrete element method modeling scheme;
(2) Compile MPM-DEM program for granular flows;
(3) Calibrate and verify the proposed MPM-DEM program;
(4) Prepare report writing based on the data collected; and
(5) Perform any other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator or his/her delegates.
|Requirements:||(1) Have a master degree or above in civil engineering/computer science or equivalent qualifications and experience;
(2) Proficiency in Yade/C++/Python; and
(3) Knowledge of material point method will be an advantage.
|Application:||Applicants are invited to send their detailed curriculum vitae including current and expected salary, and direct any enquiries to the Human Resources Office, Chu Hai College of Higher Education, 80 Castle Peak Road, Castle Peak Bay, N.T., Hong Kong [Fax: (852) 2972 7214; E-mail: email@example.com], quoting the position being applied for and the reference number.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Candidature may be obtained by nominations. The College reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation or not to fill this post.