Faculty of Science and Engineering
Dean (Ref: FSE/Dean/CHC)
|Introduction:||The Faculty of Science and Engineering offers programmes in Civil Engineering, Architecture, and Computer Science. The mission of the Faculty is to discover, preserve and disseminate scientific and engineering knowledge. As our world is becoming more global, more diverse, and more technologically oriented, there is a growing need for environmental protection and architecture on a human scale. The Faculty of Science and Engineering is responding to these changes by providing guidance and expertise in educating the next generation of scientists, engineers and architects.|
|Description:||The Dean is expected to provide strategic leadership to the Faculty development, enhancing the quality and reputation. He or she will also be responsible for strengthening the Faculty’s numerous and close ties with a wide variety of academic and professional organizations, both locally and internationally. Appointment will normally be made on contract basis initially for two years, renewable subject to mutual agreement. The position carries the status and title of Professor.|
|Requirements:||(1) a PhD degree in Science or relevant discipline
(2) A high level of academic achievement in a relevant field;
(3) Substantial full-time teaching experience at tertiary institutions, in which at least 5 years of high-level administrative and managerial experience;
(4) A solid background in undertaking research;
(5) Strong competency and proven experience in managing human and financial resources, budgeting, staff recruitment, and alumni relations
(6) Good knowledge of local and overseas higher educational environment
(7) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
(8) Good networks in both academic and the profession at regional and international levels
|Closing Date:||Consideration of applications will commence on 16 December 2019 until the position is filled.|
|Application:||Applicants are invited to send their CV detailing academic and professional qualification, full employment history and relevant achievements, including current and expected salary, and direct any enquiries to the Human Resources Office, Chu Hai College of Higher Education [E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org], quoting the position being applied for and the reference number.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Candidature may be obtained by nominations. The College reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation or not to fill this post.