Kong Mou Sum Library
Librarian (Ref: LIB/L/2115/CHC)
|Responsibilities:||(1) ensure Library’s resources and services are able to meet learning, teaching and research needs;
(2) support collection development of printed and online resources;
(3) develop close partnership with publishers and resources providers and keep abreast of the latest trends in electronic resources including online books and journals;
(4) promote library’s services and resources via various channels and engage with the academic and student communities to evaluate users’ needs;
(5) advise and support faculties on dissemination and preservation of research output, enhance research impact, and use bibliographical citation management tools;
(6) implement College’s policies in acquiring books, journals, periodicals and e-materials;
(7) supervise paraprofessional staff in circulation, cataloging, classification and organization of learning resource materials to assure maximum accessibility and usefulness; and
(8) carry out such other duties as may be assigned by the Vice President (Academic).
|Requirements:||(1) A recognized university degree and professional qualification in librarianship (MLS or equivalent) with 5 years of post-qualification experience and supervisory responsibilities;
(2) Good planning and organizational skills;
(3) Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively and collegially with colleagues;
(4) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English and Chinese; and
(5) Demonstrable professionalism with strong motivation, innovation, flexibility and commitment.
|Closing Date:||Consideration of applications will continue until the position is filled.|
|Application:||Applicants are invited to send their detailed curriculum vitae, including current and expected salary, and direct any enquiries to the Human Resources Office, Chu Hai College of Higher Education [E-mail: email@example.com], quoting the position being applied for and the reference number.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Candidature may be obtained by nominations. The College reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation or not to fill this post.