- Holding a recognised bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or in construction engineering management with Second Class Honours (Division II), or equivalent qualification; and meeting one of the following English language proficiency requirements:
- holding a degree from any institution where the medium of instruction is English; or
- having scored Level 3 in English in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (DSE); or
- having attained one of the following scores:
- TOEFL: writing not lower than 550; machine test not lower than 213; online test not lower than 79
- IELTS (Academic Paper): total score not lower than 6.0; OR
- Holding a professional membership of relevant disciplines plus substantial relevant working experience. Admission through this route will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Holding a right of abode in Hong Kong or holding a working visa.
A non-refundable application fee HK$300 in the form of cheque payable to CHU HAI COLLEGE OF HIGHER EDUCATION.
Deadline of Application
|Date||29 Feb 2020|
To complete the programme, satisfactory completion of a total of seven modules and one capstone project is required. The tuition fee is HK$11,000 for each module and HK$33,000 for the capstone project. The total tuition fee for completion of the programme is HK$110,000.
For modules to be offered in 2020-2021, please refer to the departmental website.
Applicants should submit in person, or mail the following to:
Admission Unit [MSc in Civil Engineering (Infrastructure Construction and Management)],
Chu Hai College of Higher Education,
80 Castle Peak Road,
Castle Peak Bay, Tuen Mun,
N.T. Hong Kong.
1. Completed application form
A completed application form duly signed by the applicant, together with one recent photo (photo size: 1 1/2inch) and one photocopy of the applicant’s HKID Card or Passport.
2. Academic References
Nominate 2 referees with their email addresses in support of your application. The College may invite referees to provide letters of recommendation.
3. Personal statement
A Personal Statement in English (800 words maximum) of the applicant to describe the applicant’s background, work experience in the Civil Engineering industry, plans of graduate study and/or professional career.
4. Academic transcripts
Certified true copies of transcript from each university attended, with class of honours and credits awarded.
5. Proof of English proficiency (if applicable)
Certificate of relevant examination.
6. Proof of working experience (if applicable)
Letters of proof from employers.
7. Proof of professional membership (if applicable)