- A recognized Bachelor degree, or an equivalent qualification;
- An applicant, seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or institution of which the medium of instruction and/or the language used in examinations is not English, shall satisfy one of the following minimum language requirements:
- a minimum TOEFL score of 79 in internet-based test or 550 in paper-based test
- a minimum overall score of 6.5 in IELTS; or
- level 6 of the College English Test (CET); or
Applicants should upload the following documents to the Admissions System.
Please bring along the original or a certified copy from the issuing authority of the following documents to your admissions interview for verification:
- One recent passport-size photo;
- Photocopy of Identity Card / Passport;
- An official transcript or a certified copy sent directly to the Admissions Unit in a sealed envelope by the issuing university to the following address:
Admissions Unit (MA in Global Communication )
Chu Hai College of Higher Education,
E102, 80 Castle Peak Road, Castle Peak Bay, Tuen Mun, N.T. Hong Kong.
- Photocopy of Degree Certificates^;
^Applicants with degrees from universities in Mainland China are required to provide:
- a certified copy of Degree Certificate (學位證書) and Graduation Diploma (畢業證書) issued by a central unit (e.g. Registry or equivalent) of your home institution; and
- the latest Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate (教育部學歷證書電子註冊備案表) issued by the CHESICC (學信網) or CDGDC (學位網);
- The College may request for an Assessment Report issued by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained, if necessary;
- Photocopy of English Proficiency Certificate for qualifications obtained from an institution of which the medium of instruction is not in English, if applicable;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Proof of working experience, such as employers’ letters, if applicable.
Selected applicants will receive an interview invitation by email.
Non-refundable application fee of HK$300 for local applicant or HK$600 for non-local applicant for each programme
For payment methods, please visit the Finance Office webpage for details.
Tuition Fee for 2023/24 Academic Year
One-year full-time: HK$140,000 payable in two instalments
Two-year part-time: HK$140,000 payable in four instalments (local applicants only)
Tuition fees are the same for local students and non-local students. Students taking more than the minimum credits required for graduation will be charged on a per-credit basis.
Local applicants: 01 November 2022 to 30 June 2023
Non-local applicants: 01 November 2022 to 30 April 2023