- Holding a recognised Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Qualification.
- Applicants must have studied Chinese Literature, Chinese History, Chinese Thought or related discipline as Major. Applicants on qualifications in other disciplines once selected for admission, must complete courses such as History of Chinese Literature and General History of China or History of Chinese Thoughts at Bachelor level.
- English language proficiency requirement
- A) Holding a degree from a university in Hong Kong or any English-speaking country OR
- B) Scoring a PASS in English in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (DSE) OR
- C) In the case of holding a degree NOT from a university in Hong Kong or any English-speaking country, score of one of the following international English language proficiency tests, viz.:
- TOEFL (writing not lower than 500; machine test not lower than 213; on-line test not lower than 79)
- IELTS (Academic Paper) (Total score not lower than 6.0)
- CETA (Overall not lower than 425)
- PETS-5 (PASS in both oral and written parts)
Applicants should bring in person, or mail the following documents to the Admission Office of the College:
Admission Unit (Master of Arts in Chinese Studies 2017),
Chu Hai College of Higher Education,
80 Castle Peak Road,
Castle Peak Bay, Tuen Mun,
N.T. Hong Kong.
- A completed application form duly signed by the applicant;
- One recent photo (photo size: 1.5 inch);
- Hong Kong Identity Card and its photocopy;
- Require a certified true copy of transcript from each university attended, with class of honours and credit earned;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Proof of English proficiency, such as certificate of relevant examination (if applicable);
- Proof of working experience, such as employers’ letters (if applicable).
A non-refundable application fee HK$600 (Bank Draft)
A Bank Draft made payable to: CHU HAI COLLEGE OF HIGHER EDUCATION
Deadline of Application
30 June 2017
For 2017-2018 Master of Arts in Chinese Studies 1 Years Full-Time Programme:
HK$ 80,000 (Pay by 2 installments. HK$ 40,000 for each installment for each academic term)
For 2017-2018 Master of Arts in Chinese Studies 2 Years Part-Time Programme:
HK$ 80,000 (Pay by 4 installments. HK$ 20,000 for each installment for each academic term)
Scholarships and Assistantships
Chu Hai College awards scholarships to students with exceptional academic achievement and good conduct. Assistantships are also granted to qualified students who need financial assistance.
- Over 250 scholarships and assistantship are available to students.
- Work-study grants - helping students to gain working experience.
Students may apply for such scholarships and assistantships through the office of the Dean of Students.
Make Appointment & Interview
Selected applicants will receive an interview invitation by email.