- Holding a recognised Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Qualification.
- Applicants must have studied Chinese Literature, Chinese History, Chinese Thought or related discipline as Major. Applicants on qualifications in other disciplines once selected for admission, must complete courses such as History of Chinese Literature and General History of China or History of Chinese Thoughts at Bachelor level.
- English language proficiency requirement
- A) Holding a degree from a university in Hong Kong or any English-speaking country OR
- B) Scoring a PASS in English in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (DSE) OR
- C) In the case of holding a degree NOT from a university in Hong Kong or any English-speaking country, score of one of the following international English language proficiency tests, viz.:
- TOEFL (writing not lower than 500; machine test not lower than 213; on-line test not lower than 79)
- IELTS (Academic Paper) (Total score not lower than 6.0)
- CET-4 (Overall not lower than 425)
- PETS-5 (PASS in both oral and written parts)
Applicants should submit the following documents to the Admissions Unit of the College.
The original or a certified copy from the issuing authority of the following documents are required at the time of your admissions interview for verification:
- A completed application form duly signed by the applicant;
- One recent photo (photo size: 1.5 inch);
- Photocopy of Identity Card / Passport;
- An official transcript or a certified copy sent directly to the Admissions Unit in a sealed envelope by the issuing university to the following address:
Admissions Unit (MA in Chinese Studies 2021)
Chu Hai College of Higher Education,
E102, 80 Castle Peak Road, Castle Peak Bay, Tuen Mun, N.T. Hong Kong.
- Photocopy of Degree Certificates^;
^Applicants who obtained degrees from universities in Mainland China are required to provide:
- a certified copy of Degree Certificate (學位證書) and Graduation Diploma (畢業證書) issued by a central unit (e.g. Registry or equivalent) of your home institution; and
- an Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate (教育部學歷證書電子註冊備案表) issued by the CHESICC (學信網) or CDGDC (學位網);
- The College may request for an Assessment Report from the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained, if necessary;
- Photocopy of English Proficiency Certificate for qualifications obtained from an institution of which the medium of instruction is not in English, if applicable;
- Two reference letters, if applicable;
- Proof of working experience, such as employers’ letters, if applicable.
A non-refundable application fee HK$600 (Bank Draft)
A Bank Draft made payable to: CHU HAI COLLEGE OF HIGHER EDUCATION
First round: 26 February 2021
Second round: 30 April 2021 (extended to 30 July 2021)
For 2021-2022 Master of Arts in Chinese Studies 1-Year Full-Time Programme:
HK$ 100,000 (Pay by 2 installments. HK$ 50,000 for each installment for each academic semester)
Make Appointment & Interview
Selected applicants will receive an interview invitation by email.