- Holding a recognised Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Qualification.
- Applicants must have studied Chinese Literature, Chinese History, Chinese Thought or related discipline as Major. Applicants on qualifications in other disciplines once selected for admission, must complete courses such as History of Chinese Literature and General History of China or History of Chinese Thoughts at Bachelor level.
- English language proficiency requirement
- A) Holding a degree from a university in Hong Kong or any English-speaking country OR
- B) Scoring a PASS in English in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (DSE) OR
- C) In the case of holding a degree NOT from a university in Hong Kong or any English-speaking country, score of one of the following international English language proficiency tests, viz.:
- TOEFL (writing not lower than 500; on-line test not lower than 79)
- IELTS (Academic Paper) (Total score not lower than 6.0)
- CET-4 (Overall not lower than 425)
- PETS-5 (PASS in both oral and written parts)
Applicants should submit the following documents to the Admissions Unit of the College.
The original or a certified copy from the issuing authority of the following documents are required at the time of your admissions interview for verification:
- A completed application form duly signed by the applicant;
- One recent passport-size photo;
- Photocopy of Identity Card / Passport;
- An official transcript or a certified copy sent directly to the Admissions Unit in a sealed envelope by the issuing university to the following address:
Admissions Unit (MA in Chinese Studies 2022)
Chu Hai College of Higher Education,
E102, 80 Castle Peak Road, Castle Peak Bay, Tuen Mun, N.T. Hong Kong.
- Photocopy of Degree Certificates^;
^Applicants with degrees from universities in Mainland China are required to provide:
- a certified copy of Degree Certificate (學位證書) and Graduation Diploma (畢業證書) issued by a central unit (e.g. Registry or equivalent) of your home institution; and
- the latest Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate (教育部學歷證書電子註冊備案表) issued by the CHESICC (學信網) or CDGDC (學位網);
- The College may request for an Assessment Report issued by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained, if necessary;
- Photocopy of English Proficiency Certificate for qualifications obtained from an institution of which the medium of instruction is not English;
- Two reference letters, if applicable;
- Proof of work experience, such as employers’ letters, if applicable.
Selected applicants will receive an interview invitation by email.
Non-refundable application fee of HK$300 for local applicants or HK$600 for non-local applicants for each programme
For payment methods, please refer to the Finance Office webpage.
Tuition Fee for 2022/23 Academic Year
One-year full-time: HK$110,000 payable in two instalments
Two-year part-time (local applicants only): HK$110,000 payable in four instalments
Tuition fees are the same for local students and non-local students. Students taking more than the minimum credits required for graduation will be charged on a per-credit basis.
First round: 28 February 2022
Second round: 30 June 2022
First round: 28 February 2022
Second round: 29 April 2022
How to Apply