- Holding a recognised Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Qualification.
- A pre-professional bachelor degree in architecture; AND
- 10-month working experience in the architecture-related discipline; AND
- One of the following English proficiency requirements:
- Scoring a Level 3 or above in English in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (DSE); OR
- Scoring a Level E or above in English in Hong Kong AS Level Examination (ASL); OR
- Scoring not lower than 500 in writing; not lower than 213 in machine test; not lower than 79 in on-line test in TOFEL; OR
- Scoring not lower than 6.0 in IELTS (Academic paper) ; OR
- Scoring not lower than 425 in CETA; OR
- Pass in both oral and written paper in PETS-5
Applicants should submit in person, or mail the following to:
Admission Unit (M.Arch 2017),
Chu Hai College of Higher Education,
80 Castle Peak Road,
Castle Peak Bay, Tuen Mun,
N.T. Hong Kong.
1. Completed application form
A completed application form duly signed by the applicant, together with one recent photo (photo size: 1 1/2inch) and one photocopy of the applicant’s HKID Card or Passport.
2. Two letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation should be written by Recommenders to evaluate the applicant’s capability in pursuing the course. The recommenders should include the applicant’s full name and program of study in the letters.
3. Personal statement
Personal Statements should be written in English (800 words maximum) by the applicant to describe the applicant’s background, past work in the Architecture industry (note: minimum 10 months of practical training is required), plan of graduate study and professional career.
4. Academic transcripts
A certified true copy of transcript from each university attended, with class of honours and credit earned, is required.
5. Portfolio showing previous works
All applicants should submit a portfolio containing reproductions of the previous academic and professional projects that shows the original drawings, prints, graphic design, sculpture, etc. Portfolios must be A4-sized booklets, no other form of portfolio is accepted.
6. Proof of working experience
Proof of working experience, such as employers’ letters
7. Proof of English proficiency
Certificate of relevant examination
A non-refundable application fee HK$600 (Bank Draft)
A Bank Draft made payable to: CHU HAI COLLEGE OF HIGHER EDUCATION
Deadline of Application
Non-Local Students: by 30 June 2017
For 2017-2018 Master of Architecture 2 Years Full-Time Programme:
HK$ 100,000 per year (HK$ 50,000 for each installment for each academic term)
Make Appointment & Interview
Selected applicants will receive an interview invitation by email.