The Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computer Science Degree programme is accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Academic Accreditation (HKCAA), which is fully recognized by the Hong Kong Government.
The Department provides students with academic and professional skills in the field of computer science with emphasis on development and research in software and hardware systems. In addition to these skills, they can enhance and consolidate their ability with practical experience by means of a year-long, supervised, computer science project in local IT companies or universities. Graduates are strongly equipped with their IT professional knowledge, to solve existing technical problems, to meet challenges, and to create new technology in the field of IT services.
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computer Science
|Title of Programme||Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computer Science|
|Host Department||Department of Computer Science|
|Mode of Attendance||Full-time|
|Normal Duration||4 Years|
|Credits Required for Graduation||135 Credits|
- An all-round education with essential knowledge, skills and practical experience to develop advanced IT systems.
- Preparation for better employability in IT career of all business sectors.
- The requisite knowledge and self-learning ability in facing challenges in the rapid development of IT and business applications.
- Solid theoretical knowledge of computer science to pursue postgraduate studies or research.
- A good sense of professional ethics, social responsibility and commitment.
Students graduating with a Bachelor (Honours) Degree in Computer Science will have the ability to::
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science to scientific and computing problems.
- Communicate effectively in professional presentation and technical documents, and work effectively and responsibly as a team member.
- Analyse and criticize independently different alternatives in problem solving and application development, and evaluate proper solutions.
- Solve computing problems and realise solutions in programming and associated database technology.
- Design, implement and evaluate IT systems with hardware, software, networking and internet technologies.
- Employ the on-going advancements in IT, and recognise the need of life-long learning and continuous professional development.
- Recognise, relate and reflect the professional and ethical responsibility in developing IT systems, the contemporary issues and the impact of IT solutions in global and societal context.
- A balanced curriculum integrating areas of software development, network system support and internet applications.
- A flexible curriculum for students to develop their areas of interests for achieving their future career goals.
- Practical experience in developing IT systems with local organisations during the final-year project.