As it is clearly stated in the Chief Executive's Policy Address and the Hong Kong 2030 Planning Vision and Strategy, the Government places a strong emphasis on sustainable development.
The Department shares the same vision and mission by training quality graduates who can provide Hong Kong with a quality living environment for its future sustainable development.
In realizing the mission, we encourage not only the appreciation of aesthetics and quality design, but also the provision of knowledge on urban planning, technology on sustainability and Chinese culture.
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Architecture
|Title of Programme||Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Architecture|
|Host Department||Department of Architecture|
|Mode of Attendance||Full-time|
|Normal Duration||4 Years|
|Credits Required for Graduation||135 Credits|
B Sc (Hons) in Architecture programme had obtained the Hong Kong Institute of Architects Professional Accreditation ( Part I ) status.
- Solid architectural knowledge and skills to become good architectural designers.
- To develop students’ concern for the environment and the knowledge on sustainable design.
- Accentuated knowledge on the historical, socio-cultural and environmental context of architecture, allowing multiple career paths for further development.
- Analyse the reciprocal relationship between architecture and our environment, and formulate strategies in sustainable architectural design.
- Integrate the theoretical, technical and practical knowledge into architectural design.
- Translate design concepts into concrete forms and enable students to become technically competent professionals in practice.
- Year 1: Provide a solid foundation in fundamental principles and concepts
- Year 2: Achieve intermediate level of theories and applications in various fields of architectural design
- Year 3 and 4: Cover professional and more advanced knowledge and theories in architecture through design and studio projects