(For Current Local & Non-Local Students)
1. Applicants must enroll as a full-time undergraduate of Chu Hai College of Higher Education.
2. Details of Application:
|Application Period*||Application Method||Location|
|22 November to 1 December 2017
Monday to Friday, 10 am to 5 pm
|Submission by hand||Student Affairs Office (E105)|
*Late applications will NOT be accepted.
3. To apply, please submit the documents as below to Student Affairs Office (E105)：
- Completed Application Form
- A copy of residential address proof document issued in the last 3 months bearing the applicant’s name, such as bank statements or tenancy agreement. Applicants may also submit a copy of their parents’ residential address proof, such as a utility bill, together with a copy of an applicant’s birth certificate.
- Other supporting documents (if any)
4. Applicants are advised to read “Rules and Regulations Governing Student Residence” before submitting their applications. If applicants decline an offer, the College will reserve the right to process their future applications.
5. Residence admission results: Successful applicants will be notified of residence admission results via their CHC student email on or before 20 December 2017.
6. Term 2 residence period: from 22 January 2018 to 27 May 2018.
7. Check-in arrangements for Term 2 new residents will be scheduled on or after 22 January 2018.
8. Payment of residence fees (per person) for Term 2/2017-18:
|Room Types||Monthly rental||Rental* *(for a period less than a calendar month)||Term 2 Fees (Residence fee, HKD1,000 residence deposit and HKD200 resident activity fee included)|
|(Single Bed and Bunk Bed)||HKD1,800||HKD60||HKD8,820|
9. Payment period for non-refundable residence fees: from 21 December 2017 to 10 January 2018.
10. Applicants who are offered a place must complete payment of residence fees and residence deposit before specified deadline. Those who have NOT settled the payment within the scheduled period will be treated as self-withdrawal.
11. A residence deposit of HKD1000 must be paid together with the residence fees. The residence deposit will be refunded after checking-out. The deposit will be forfeited for late check-out.
12. A resident activity fee of HKD200 will be charged per 1st and 2nd term of the residence period. The Resident activity fee is payable for dormitory activities organized by the Student Affairs Office and is non-refundable irrespective of whether the resident attends any of these activities or not.
13. Application for extension of stay until 30 June 2018 is available for those with academic needs. Application must be filed one month in advance of original check-out date with supporting documents. Residence fees will be charged on a daily basis.
14. Residence fees are non-refundable and non-transferable in the case of deferment or withdrawal from the College.
15. With medical certificate, residents who are unfit to live in the residence due to health conditions may apply for termination of residence. Such applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
16. Residence admission is allocated based on a Point System. The College reserves the right to allocate the admission.
|Travelling time between the College and the applicant’s home. Please refer to the fastest travelling time (*except special departures) via the “Hong Kong eTransport” website at www.hketransport.gov.hk/.||70|
|Applicant’s participation in college activities (with supporting documents)||20|
|Year to Promote||10|
17. By discretion and with supporting documents, a maximum of 10 bonus points will be given to applicants with outstanding GPA, awards and on or off campus voluntary service.
18. Application for residence due to medical needs must be submitted together with a medical certificate. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
19. Results of room and bed place assignment (students with rental paid) will be released while checking in. Request for room or bed place swapping will not be entertained unless special condition.
20. Unsuccessful applicants in the first round will be placed on the waiting list according to their score. Notification will be made when vacancies arise.
21. Applicants are responsible to inform the Student Affairs Office immediately of any modification on their applications. Incomplete information or submission of supporting documents as required will not be processed.
22. Personal Information Collection Statement: personal data collected will only be used for processing residence admission. Personal data of unsuccessful applications will be kept for 6 months and thereafter destroyed.
23. For enquiries, please call Student Affairs Office at (852) 2972-7364 / 2972-7365 or email to email@example.com.
24. The College reserves the right to interpret these guidelines and update information without prior notice. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
Student Affairs Office
21 November 2017